Despite all the Pandas, Penguins and other Google animals, backlinks are still among the only things that can be tracked correctly by search engines and used to calculate your ranks. We face hard times with getting links and getting “weight” from links, but links are still a must-have component for indexing and rankings.
What can be better than exchanging competitor links with your own links? Sounds unbelievable, well not with a growth-hack provided below. Follow this simple step-by-step process and grow your link base faster:
- Go to AlternativeTo.net and search for your competitors. You can also replace this tool with any other competitor finder available online.
- Browse the list and find dead links with such tools as Check My Links, Domain Hunter or any other similar service/plugin.
- Create a list of your dead competitors – the ones that are out of business, or haven’t updated their websites for a long time. If a link is dead, it’s a 90% sign that the competitor is no longer active.
- Google “link: deadcompetitor.com”, replacing deadcompetitor.com with a domain name of your inactive competitor
- Contact site owners to alert them about dead links on their pages, and offer your relevant link instead.
- Grow link base fast!